Saturday, May 28, 2011

Something Special Saturday: Color Challenge #1



Color Challenge #1

I like to surf the web in somewhat unusual places to find inspiration for my creative side. I often surf gift catalog sites and magazine sales sites for layout inspiration or color inspiration. Among my favorite haunts are seed and bulb catalog sites; there is almost always some color or texture that grabs me. Today I would love to share a photo from Landscape Flower Bulbs, Inc. whose color caught my eye.



The design team challenges you to use the colors in this photo to create something... a card, a layout, a piece of jewelry, some wall decor,... whatever you want to make.

If you accept the challenge, the design team would LOVE to see what you make! Upload a photo somewhere (Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, etc.) and then share a link with us in the comments. To share all you need to do is add the following codes to your comment, and then replace the word "link" with the actual link to your photo:

      <a href="link">My Color Challenge</a>

Your comment will then contain the words "My Color Challenge" which will link to your photo. The design team really looks forward to seeing your work!



On another note, I'd love to share a link to a wonderful card by design team member Joanne Wardle. This is a very clean and simple card using a hot air balloon stamp from FranticStamper's own line of stamps. I think you'll love the card. If you do go visit, please be sure to leave Joanne a note to let her know how much you love her work.

Until the next time, for the entire team,

Smiles,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment