Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tip Tuesday: Transparencies (Clear Acetate Sheets)



Today the team would like to present some tips for using Clear Acetate Sheets, also known as transparency sheets or transparencies.

Tip #1
Die cut and emboss transparencies! If you want to stamp on them,stamp your design first then die cut or emboss.

Tip #2
When stamping on transparency, use StazOn or Archival ink.

Tip #3
Consider a transparency for your card base. Fold it in half with a bone folder. Add papers and embellishments to both sides (to cover up glue tabs and such).


(This clear card was stamped with white stazon and highlighted with a yellow paint pen.)

Tip #4
Die cut your shape or punch your border in a transparency, then use it as a stencil with inks or embossing/moulding paste. If you use dye inks, all you do to clean is run under water. Store and use again.

Tip #5
You can also use transparency die cuts as reusable masks.

Tip #6
There are transparencies made for inkjet printers. I can run the transparency through my printer with the images that I want and then overlay them on my project.

Tip #7
You can decorate several individual transparencies and then layer them to create a collage look. Add rubons to one layer, stamp another, stickers on another, etc. for a unique dimensional look.

Tip #8
I love to punch out transparency shapes that I then run through my xyron. After, I pour transparent glitter over the adhesive layer to create a glitter embellishment.

Tip #9
Color transparencies with alcohol inks for a wonderful effect...or use NAIL POLISH on them to create a stained glass look. Stamp on one side and color on the other for best results.

Please feel free to leave your tips and comments! We love to get feedback from our readers!

2 comments:

  1. I love to emboss acrylic and use it as an overlay. Here is one of my favorite projects that I have done using that technique.

    http://kristiekreates.blogspot.com/2010/12/inspired-by-tim-holtz.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFS luved these ideas!
    Pam caudill

    ReplyDelete